While updating the blog, it is important to have a refresher on all things Plantworks! We get calls, emails, and faxes with questions ranging across the spectrum, and we would like to address those as best we can. Of course, if you ever need any help or guidance from our staff, please send all emails to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our office at 919-732-6594. We are here to help!
Plantworks is a wholesale nursery ONLY. This means you must have a tax ID number, or business ID number, to purchase plants from us directly. If you do not own a business, or have a tax ID number, we can help you find retail garden locations that stock our product. (However, you will not get the break on the sales tax!) We cater to contractors, landscapers, and retail garden centers.
To begin ordering with us, we require that an account is set up with your business information. We can typically handle this with a phone call in less than 5 minutes! We simply require contact, billing, and shipping information; along with your tax ID number. This is a one time process, and your info can be updated at anytime. When an account is set up, you are automatically started as a payment due when you receive product, but you can also ask us about applying for a NET credit account. The forms are simple, and easy to follow. We do not ask for minimums to start an account. We will hold orders 2 weeks out from the date you place them, but anything beyond that requires a deposit.
Availability and Viewing our Website
The nursery’s stock is always changing and growing. We strive to keep our information on the topic current, and easily located. You can find the listings in many locations (such as our Facebook page), but the most convenient way to view Plantworks policy and availability is our website. Plantworksnursery.com is your gateway to our stock and inventory. Since we are wholesale only, we ask that you make an account to log in and view our material. This is very simple, and you set your own Login and Password for the site. Here’s how:
- From the original welcome page, click “Wholesale” in the top, green box.
- This will bring you to the login page. If you have already filled out the information, simply login at this time. If you have not, click “Click here to fill out a Wholesale Application”.
- Fill out the forms completely, and write down your info for future use. Click “Submit Registration”.
- We will check our website back office multiple times a day to approve new users, but you will see a message that says this will take multiple days. We cannot change this message, but most accounts are approved same day
- We can recover this information for you anytime if you misplace it.
We email out availability to our customers every week during the busiest seasons, and bi-weekly during the Summer and Winter. If you do not already receive this email, simply ask to be added into our listings.
There are two types of availability lists that Plantworks generates. They are “Retail” and “Complete” listings. “Retail” means ready for the shelf in any retail setting, or basically, a perfect plant. The “Complete” list includes small, overgrown, or older plants that would be perfect for landscaping jobs, but might not be suitable for a garden center or picky client. Feel free to view both, only be aware of notes on plant quality. Our listings include pricing, quantities, and quality of all plants available at that time. To view our whole stock, please visit the website.
Hours and Pick-ups
Plantworks has two seasons in which our hours vary.
- Summer hours 7 AM-3:30 PM (With pick-ups completed by 2 PM) This starts in June and runs through to Labor Day. We try to beat the heat, and get started early.
- Rest of year hours 8 AM-4:30 PM (With pick-ups completed by 3 PM) These are our regular hours for the rest of the year.
We do not allow pick-ups for the last hour we are open. We close the nursery for spraying and other various reasons, and no customers will be allowed into the nursery after this time. Please be aware of this rule! You can always call us if you are concerned about timing, or pick-up scheduling, as the office staff is here until closing. There is no rule to call ahead, but being prepared never caused any problems!
Plantworks also delivers via truck. We ship from South Carolina all the way up to Maine, but mostly concentrate on the East coast area surrounding North Carolina for truck deliveries. (We can ship anywhere in the continental US via FedEx Monday-Wednesday, with no minimum.) The following are a few important points to know about trucking:
- We ask for a $600 minimum for orders to make the truck
- Freight charges do apply. $50 for our local sphere, and a percentage of the order total for those outside of that range. (Please call to find out where your business would land in our delivery zone.)
- We deliver Tuesday-Friday every week. We have a set, weekly, schedule that we deliver on, with certain areas being visited on certain days. (Please call to find out where your business would land on this schedule.)
- We begin the process of trucking two days prior to delivery. Orders are needed that far in advance to allow you to be delivered to. (I.E. If we deliver to you on Wednesdays, we need the order in by Monday.)
- We ask that someone is physically at your location to help our drivers unload the product. If not, we charge a fee for them unloading alone. Teamwork wins!
- We can deliver to job sites if given notice to do so. There is no extra charge for this service. Charges apply the same as any other delivery.
I am sure there are still questions left unanswered, as every situation is different and we are working with a living inventory. In the future, we will cover more policy questions in other posts. As stated previously, feel free to call or email with any questions. We are here to help!